Sunday, October 21, 2012

Hmmmm,

Yesterday our daughter and her family went to get their pumpkins.  Each year they go to a farm that has a maze, a petting zoo, food and drink, hayride, and of course pumpkins.  This year our youngest granddaughter, who is 13 months, had a blast.  She had boots but the place was so muddy (it was a bit rainy all day) that she would have been falling down and that wouldn't have been much fun.



Okay, so I was browsing Pinterest earlier this week.  I came across a scrumptious looking 'recipe', shall we say.  So, taking their start I came up with my own version.

Grilled mushrooms and garlic...then I grilled, in the same pan, a roll (sort of like one you'd use for french dip ~ hubby bought the pack and I wasn't going to say anything.  The "original" used a chibatta.)

Then after I put the mushrooms and garlic on the bread I sprinkled, with a flourish, some grated gouda cheese...yummy!



Today I washed my handknitted socks...hand wash....I love the smell of the wool when it is wet.  When I knit socks I use wool, sometimes mixed with nylon, bamboo, alpaca, cashmere...never acrylic.

And now they are out soaking up a bit of sun...


No comments: