Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Home

We arrived home early this past Sunday morning.


We decided to rent a car and drive the 13 hours as airline tickets were just outrageous. We figured that we saved over $250.00.

While in Washington we visited "Great Yarns" in Everett...a wonderful store with personable ladies...I had a great time and came away with more yarn goodies than planned.

We also took a tour of the Boeing Company...very informative and interesting...I'm letting no secrets out...if you're in the area I suggest taking the tour.

Hubby was very patient with me as we drove through Portland, Oregon on the search for "Twisted", a fantastic yarn shop that I'll visit every time I'm in the area. "Twisted" is located in the NE section and somehow we ended up in the SW section. A couple guys pointed us in the right direction and we found the shop. The ladies there are absolutely wonderful. I went in with a list of what I was looking for and they helped me...love the wall of sock yarn...wish more would have jumped into the car and came home with me.

Now it is time to get down to brass tacks....the laundry is getting done and so is the other housework...all in time, my time!

On the drive home I knitted a sock for our youngest grandson (9 months old)...turned out great...started the second sock and I am now tinking it back to the same spot for the third time...can't figure what I am doing wrong but come on, this is a baby sock...

Saturday is WWKIP (World Wide Knit In Public) DAY...I'll be sitting with a great group of ladies down at the Marketplace knitting away and enjoying the time we have together.

Now, off to exercise (quit smirking...all of you...yes I do exercise although it may not look like it)! ! ! ! ! !

No comments: