Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Finished

I feel as though I have accomplished something this past week.

First, I finished the Celtic Pennies socks KAL. This was my first Fair Isle project and can't wait for another one. It was so easy to do. I am very pleased with the final project.


Secondly, I finished Ron's Pittsburgh Steelers socks. This yarn was very nice to work with...I ordered it from Yarntini online. Perfect...

Every time I've taken a photo of the socks in progress our little Shivers had to have his nose in it. This time right after I clicked the following photo he moved so fast, grabbed a sock and took off running around the living room and dining room...moved so fast I couldn't get a photo of him. I take it that he is satisfied with the results.

Our local knitting group, The KTK Yarn Mavens, will be having their monthly meeting on July 25th. We'll be meeting at a local park with a playground for the little ones.

I have put together some items for a drawing...a surprise bag of goodies...and I'm pleased with what I've put in there although I'm not finished...may have to make it two bags...of course the winner must be present at the time of the drawing.

I do hope we have a good turn out for this meeting. It is always nice to get together and share our finished objects along with whatever project(s) we are working on at the time. Perhaps a few will bring their spinning wheels and share their knowledge.

Because we will be meeting at a park we have decided to do a potluck, who doesn't love a potluck, with all those goodies...brownies, that's what I'm taking...

I will be bringing cool ties...I've been sewing them up and will sell them for $5.00 each. I don't keep the money...it is donated to Relay for Life...

Going back to the sewing machine...which reminds me...my sewing machine quit on me...but never fear...a couple weeks later we found one on the local craigslist...bought it and I love it...it is an embroidery/sewing machine and does quilting also...guess where I'll be for hours on end...

Have a wonderful day and May God Bless Everyone...

No comments: