Sunday, August 23, 2009

Well, I've been a bit busy lately...

...of course I'm still knitting socks but I've also cast on a blanket, something I never thought I'd do again...

I was thinking today how nice it would be to have a "Crafters Refuge"

Now what I mean by this is...

~ a home to go to when you want or need to just pick up and get away for a bit

~ a home where you could go to bake some cookies; a cake or a pie

~ a home where you could go to knit or ~

~ crochet ~ cross stitch ~ embroidery ~ quilt ~ sew ~ weave ~ dye ~ whatever

~ a home where you could go to curl up with a good book and ready that last chapter

~ a home where you could go to watch that movie you've been putting off forever

~ a home where you could meet others who enjoy doing the craft you enjoy

~ a home where you could learn other crafts if the itch needed scratched


Well, of course this is just a dream ~ a dream that would be worth pursuing perhaps if there weren't so many ifs

I look forward to getting together with the friends that I have made through Ravelry

And I thank God everyday for giving me a wonderful family and great friends who keep me in a positive state of mind, I love it

God Bless

1 comment:

Lori said...

Not quite the same but in Eugene, OR I visited the Eugene Fiber Arts Center. They had a weaving area and a huge room that had tables for laying out quilts and a kitchen area for dying. Plus they sell marvelous yarns. Espanola, NM had the same less the area for dying. Both FBCs had time and space for classes. Maybe Baks needs a Fiber Arts Center. The trick, though, is how to have it open when you want to be there. Both of these FBCs had a director of some sort and set hours. Big job. I'd just want to go for fun not supervising.