Monday, October 12, 2009

Monderful Monday!

Today is a monderful day...

Shivers got up in time to outside for a bit before going back in his crate...didn't make me late...met Patty, Suzanne, Jane and Virginia at Borders for our Monday get together.

Knitted quite a bit on the mittens...these will be for youngest daughter...I'm knitting them out of Manos del Uruguay ~ color: Hibiscus ~ Handcrafted Kettle Dyed Pure Wool

I love knitted with this yarn ~ it is a bit thick and thin but I think it will felt spectacularly! Plus it will give our darling nice warm hands when the snow really hits Missouri

While at Borders I meandered over to the knitting books and of course one followed me home ~ it is the reprint of Alice Starmore's Book of Fair Isle

Perhaps this book is just telling me that I'll be focusing on Fair Isle in the coming year

Virginia was wearing a sweater she knitted years ago and it looked as if she'd just finished it...beautifully knitted and the color is gorgeous ~ I'm hoping to get the pattern although I still haven't finished my "February Lady Sweater" but ....

I enjoy meeting up with our group ~ it seems that every time we get together I learn something new...and that is so true about today ~ thanks Suzanne ~ I have to remember 80 and not 64 ~ and a swatch (yuck but I will do it)

Now I'm off to work on the mittens

No comments: