Sunday, October 11, 2009

Yarn Dyeing Day

Yesterday I was among a wonderful group. We "flew" (by car) to Dulitz Christmas Tree Farm in Springville California. During October through the end of January or so the owner has a gift shop in a log cabin. During the rest of the year she uses it as a yarn shop.

This was the second time I was able to go. The group yesterday went to dye yarn. Some of us bought yarn from Carol and some brought their own.

We were joined by three spinners who showed us their amazing talent. A very talented indie dyer joined us ~ I love her dyeing and of course a beautiful skein jumped in my bag.

A potluck was enjoyed by everyone ~ the food was great!

I purchased a hugmongous 900 yard skein of beautiful gold dk weight wool yarn and over dyed it...I had a blast!

The yarn is hanging over the tub in our front bathroom drying...I want it good and dry before winding it ~ this yarn is going to be knitted into nice warm socks...

Look at all the beautiful dyeing jobs ~ mine are the two dark brownish ones on the left of the rack.

Everyone did a great job. I am looking forward to doing this again.


No comments: