Thursday, August 5, 2010

Busy

I've been busy and this morning as I drank my tea I wondered if I was too busy to keep this blog going...we'll see

Since the last post a lot has happened...I won't bore you with the details...

...only son got married

...Shivers spent two nights at the Animal Inn in Las Vegas (clung to me like a cat...but he came out fine)

...visited youngest daughter and family in Missouri

...watched grandson's baseball team participate in the Missouri "Show Me Games" in Columbia, MO

This trip we were gone a month...took lots of photos...had a great time...enjoyed the ride through New Mexico, Arizona and California. It's always nice to come home.

A few days after arriving home we were notified that a dear friend had passed away. She put up a valiant fight for a bit over two years...lung cancer.

We packed our unpacked suitcase again and made the drive...there was a wonderful memorial service with family and friends.

This time we hesitated about returning home...afterall...we were back in the little village where we raised our children and lived for 30 years...we did stay an extra day and the 3 1/2 hour drive home was drawn out with a couple visits to friends we hadn't seen in quite a while.

This past Tuesday was a fun day...went to LA with a dear friend, lunched, visited two yarn shops and enhanced my stash...

Now, I think a bit of redecorating my home is in order...perhaps that will help...

No comments: