Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Yard Sales

Hubby has decided that he is cleaning out the garage once and for all...

He wants to park our shiny red car in the garage...

So...hubby has decided he'll have a yard sale...

Now, I enjoy going to yard sales but having one is another story...

Years and years ago hubby was having a yard sale, the children were little and things were great...I stayed inside doing normal Saturday stuff...

then hubby comes in and says "I need to run down and get change...please watch the yard sale"...

hurriedly he goes over the prices of the stuff he had out...no problem

When he comes back he looks in the cash box and promptly says "Where's my $75.00?" well I say that I put the money in his box for whatever sold while he was gone and I surely do not owe you $75.00.

Seems that the one item that sold while he was gone...a brand new set of 4 tires....he was asking $25.00 for EACH and I sold all 4 for $25.00.

Since then whenever he gets the itch to have a yard sale I'll go through stuff for him BUT I do not go out and help whatsoever...except

The children have all moved away and there's no one to get up at the crack of dawn to help him set his tables up and put stuff out...but me

and if you know me...I do not like getting up at the crack of dawn to set up a yard sale!

I'm going through the kitchen cupboards with the attitude that if it doesn't fit in a motorhome it doesn't stay! Hopefully I'll be able to get rid of half the cupboards...yeah right!

No comments: