Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Time Away

The time has come for us to take a little trip. Excited? Yes we are excited. We are going to Colorado to visit with one of my many brothers and his darling wife.





Packing is not exciting...the van has limited space and for five people it is very limiting. So we decide what we absolutely must take...for me...knitting is first and my bag is ready to go out the door!




I started a sock last night...did the ribbing and was almost to the end of the first pattern repeat...then it happened...noticed a very bad mistake...thought I could fix it just by ripping a bit but no...that sucker was ripped completely...




I have ribbing completed now and will start the pattern. I'm excited about these socks...love the pattern.




I'm still working on the baby blanket for our grandson who will be gracing the world with his presence soon.




I am taking Peaches and Cream cotton yarn to work on dishcloths...I use my knitted and crocheted dishcloths every day and just love them although I know some women who leave theirs in the drawer and will not use them...




I'm also taking my new sock in progress with me...hopefully I'll have a completed pair by the time I return home.




I've been having a hard time knitting a special hat but I will take it and see what happens...perhaps where I am going is the best place to work on this project.




After two doctor visits, a z-pack and now heavy duty allergy medicine I am finally feeling better...I am very thankful.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I found your post while searching for crocheted dishcloths. Have a good time on your trip. It's always nice to spend time with family. I too love my crocheted dishcloths and use them every day! Have never been able to get the hang of knitting - envy you being able to do socks!