Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Important Papers…

have you ever been asked for “important” information that somewhere you should have a piece of paper with all the information you need?

I used to think I was pretty well organized…

…not any more

My daughter asked me for some information…something I should have known right off and didn’t…so I said I’d dig up the paperwork containing the information…

I’ve done genealogy so I figured the paper should be in those boxes…wrong

Okay, maybe the “important papers” box…wrong

In the file box with other “important papers”…wrong

Hmmm…I’m really up a creek without a paddle right now

Fortunately for me the information she asked for can be fudged by a certain degree but…

This process has left me with the knowledge that I am not organized…I want to be organized

So now I will have to go through the hundred or so boxes in the house, garage and storage unit…looking at every piece of paper and deciding…is it an “important paper” – will I ever be asked for the information on this paper…hmmm…which box marked “Important Papers” should it be put in….

This is not a job that I am looking forward to…but then again…I don’t want to leave it for my children to do…

…photos are waiting patiently to be marked…who, where, when, why?...info my children wouldn’t know…

So weeks of work lay ahead…but I think it will have to wait…why?

KNITTING!

I have a sock on the needles as we speak…hanks of beautiful Cascade 220 yarn waiting to be put into “cakes” and then knitted into the most beautiful sweater…five ziplock bags each with a pattern and yarn waiting to be knitted into socks…

Guess we can see what’s “Important”…

I will take the time to peek in a few more places that the elusive “important paper” my daughter called about may be waiting…we’ll see and I’ll look

No comments: