Monday, June 30, 2008

Lights Out!

This morning I met some ladies at a coffeeshop to knit...I had a wonderful time, learned I was doing a stitch wrong (what else is new)...said goodbye to one of Ravelry members who is moving to another city...




In conversation the library was mentioned. I hadn't been to the local library for quite a few months so when hubby picked me up I mentioned it to him. We decided to take a gander and check out our local branch.


I found the knitting section...very small section but came away with five books...and hubby found a chair...



all of a sudden the lights went out...then they flickered...then we were told that all electricity was off and there was no idea as to when it would be back on...we were welcome to stay...


I took my books and checked out...but while there I noticed the number of people who came to use the computers...there were just a couple empty (until the electricity went off)...





By the time we left we decided to treat ourselves to lunch at the Elephant Bar....we've eaten there quite a few times and have enjoyed our meals every time...today lunch came to around $20.00 without a tip...within our budget...we'll go back (hubby likes fast food places whereas I do not eat fast food)




About two months ago I quit eating red meat...twice since then I've had red meat...not thinking when ordering...and both times had bad reactions....I feel better now and will continue...no red meat


Haven't decided the next food item that will be eliminated from my diet...I do find myself having more fruits and vegetables...




I'll now go curl up with my knitting books and see what lovely items they contain...already found one pattern that I will definitely do although I won't post any more information on it as it will be a Christmas gift (and they read this blog)...



Tomorrow we will go visit our friends...we were notified that she was in the hospital for a couple days and came home yesterday...figured we'd give her a couple days with her kids and grandkids before going over....


Hope everyone is having a great day...




Oh, almost forgot...the air is horrible here...the fires in California are not contained and the smoke hangs in our valley making it extremely unsafe to breathe...I've been staying in as much as possible...




Thank you for reading my blog....

No comments: