Saturday, June 7, 2008

The J. Paul Getty Museum


The Getty Museum
Have you visited this museum?
I recommend a visit if you like art.
My sister visited us last July from Georgia. While she was here we were unexpectedly sidetracked with other issues.
But we took a day, my sister and I and my 10 year old grandson, and made a visit.
Oh my, I must go back. There are so many wonderful pieces of art that it was impossible for me to take everything in. We wandered from one room to another in awe of the beauty that surrounded us.
Flash photography is prohibited in the museum itself but we were still able to get some great photos through videos. Now if I can just figure out how to make a photo from a video shot I'll be in great shape.
If I remember right we paid a minimal fee to park and admittance to the museum was free. We purchased a light meal from one of the eating areas they have. The gardens are meticulous and the views are awe inspiring.
I could have stayed all day.
Is it worth the drive? Yes
Will I go again - Definitely!
I suggest checking out the website for the museum. A tour of the Getty Mansion is also available. We were going to do the tour but alas, other things got in our way at the time.

No comments: