Saturday, June 7, 2008

Knitting

I've been knitting quite a bit the past few months. My love for it has come back. I promised myself at the beginning of the year that I would, finally, learn to knit socks. I have and I am impressed with myself. I have enough yarn in my stash to knit at least 6 more pairs and I will!



Next on the learning agenda is lace. I haven't made anything lacy for umpteen years. This to I will conquer.


Speaking of Knitting - Saturday, June 14th is WORLD WIDE KNIT IN PUBLIC DAY - that is a mouth full.

I have met some wonderful ladies (so far no gents) on RAVELRY (a wonderful knit and crochet group - check it out - www.ravelry.com) anyways, a group of us are getting together on Saturday at the Market Place in Bakersfield, California to celebrate our day of knitting in public. What will I take to knit on...not sure yet but I'm having a wonderful time figuring it out.

No comments: